Thank you for the opportunity to share my story and contribute to Digital Odyssey today! Here's a short personal thank you video... complete with live musical accompaniment. Let's keep in touch and work together to raise awareness about the importance of accessibility and inclusion!
You can follow all the StopGap goings-on by tuning in to our social channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Sign up for the StopGap newsletter here.
AccessNow an app that invites users to describe the accessibility status of locations for all to be informed around the globe. Learn more about and support the adoption of the dynamic access symbol by visiting The Forward Movement.
Below are a few key takeaways and resources for you. Enjoy!
1. Systems, processes, and design intended to empower people with disabilities often make life easier for everyone.
2. Disruption is a necessary force for change to occur.
3. Each of us have equally valuable lived experiences.
4. Canadians have a human right to equal access.
5. Begin with people-first language.
6. It’s our own and collective attitudes, unconscious biases, ignorance, and lack of awareness along with the physical and digital spaces that we live, work, learn, and play in that are disabling.
From the Ground Up: Digital Fundraising for Non-Profits by Brock Warner
The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer
Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Every couple of months I lead a guided meditation with the Consciousness Explorers Club. Join in on our virtual weekly meditation sessions every Monday evening at 7:30pm EDT.
You can connect with me during my monthly Facebook Live check-ins where I talk about a broad range of topics from accessibility, meditation, music, and current events.